The Bibliography of Inter- and Transdisciplinarity – a project that was started in 2003 – is no longer updated. Instead we focus on selected publications, which we gather through expert surveys. However, the structure of the database offers still a good classification and overview on the td research.
Content and Use (last update 2011)
Search for Literature
The bibliography includes articles from scientific journals, books and, to some extent, also from grey literature, i.e. dissertations and reports. A short commentary is provided for each document. You find the entries on Publications. Additionally, a database containing information on journals related to transdisciplinarity is also provided.
Structure of the Bibliography
The bibliography is divided into seven categories:
- The category «Fields of Application» allows users to search for thematic category groups. Along with the classical scientific disciplines, we have included new transdisciplinary research fields such as "Conservation Research" and "Risk Research".
- The category «Involved Disciplines» allows the assignment of transdisciplinary projects to the different disciplines involved.
- The category «Transdisciplinary Approaches» covers concepts that structure the research topics of transdisciplinary research projects.
- The category «Metatheoretical Perspectives» provides references to theoretical and empirical work on transdisciplinarity and constellations and developments that require transdisciplinary research. Documents on the different definitions of transdisciplinarity can also be found under this category.
- The category «Context of Application» includes constellations of collaborations between academic research and non-academic partners.
- The category «Topics of Importance in Transdisciplinarity» includes important concepts in the context of transdisciplinarity, for example, participation, complexity and uncertainty.
- The category «Tools» deals with tools and methods which may be helpful in the context of transdisciplinarity and are also used in disciplinary research.
The bibliography can be used in two different ways. Firstly, the structure of the bibliography and the short introductory texts on the categories and keywords provide a short introduction to transdisciplinarity. Secondly, the bibliography can be used as a database and can be searched by author, title or keywords.
Publications | Journals